PLP Committee openings
October 25, 2017
There are upcoming vacancies for dentist members of the College’s Professional Liability Program Committee (PLP) for a three year term, starting January 2018.
The PLP Committee:
- makes recommendations to Council on the program’s practices and procedures.
- reviews its financial performance, including staff use of delegated authority.
- authorizes defense of actions through trial and settlements above PLP’s internal limit.
- considers requests for waivers or reductions of deductibles from members.
Your Application and Eligibility Form for Non-Council Committee Appointment must be submitted to the Registrar by January 5, 2018 at 5 p.m. and include:
- your curriculum vitae.
- reasons for your interest in sitting on the PLP Committee.
- a brief description of what you think you can contribute to the Committee, bearing in mind the mandate described above.
We encourage specialists to apply, with preference for endodontists or oral surgeons.
Candidates must meet the basic eligibility criteria for all non-council committee members and review relevant College policies.
The Registrar will present a list of eligible candidates for to the Executive Committee which will make a recommendation to Council.