The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) is a leader in health care regulation. As the governing body for nearly 10,000 dentists in Ontario, our mission is to act in the public interest by putting patients first. We are committed to transparency, accessibility, and fairness in all our work.
RCDSO offers an engaging and values-based work culture that promotes leadership, work/life balance, teamwork and opportunities for professional development.
By joining the College, you’ll work in a vibrant, positive and progressive environment that will motivate you to achieve your best.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
Bring your legal expertise and excellent analytical skills to RCDSO by joining us as a
Legal Advisor in our Professional Liability Program (PLP) department. PLP administers RCDSO’s malpractice insurance program for all current and former RCDSO members. This includes claims management, insurance management and risk management.
The Legal Advisor provides legal support to the Manager, PLP and department staff. You will assist Ontario dentists with medico-legal issues by managing and/or overseeing the management of actual or potential dental malpractice litigation, and providing risk management information and advice.
- LL.B. or equivalent; member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Excellent written/oral communication
skills; excellent organizational and analytical
skills; ability to take initiative and work with
- Ability to organize and prioritize
assignments, and produce a high-volume of
work quickly and accurately
- Ability to work under pressure and meet
- Ability to work well within a team
- Knowledge of medical/dental terminology is
- Conduct legal research and analysis, and assist PLP staff with legal issues
- Receive reports from members about
- Interview members and gather information and
documents in order to triage reported problems
- Advise members on options and strategies,
- Provide documentation to members to assist
them in resolving disputes themselves
- Investigate allegations of dental malpractice
and the potential validity of such claims
- Communicate with patients or their legal
representatives regarding the merits of claims;
negotiate settlements, if applicable
- Supervise and instruct external counsel
assigned to defend dentists involved in legal
- Provide advice to dentists on how to avoid
medico-legal problems through one-on-one
discussions, group presentations, and written
Cover letters and resumes must be received by July 4, 2017. Please forward in confidence to email@example.com.