The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) is a leader in health care regulation. As the governing body for nearly 10,000 dentists in Ontario, our mission is to act in the public interest by putting patients first. We are committed to transparency, accessibility, and fairness in all our work.
RCDSO offers an engaging and values-based work culture that promotes leadership, work/life balance, teamwork and opportunities for professional development.
By joining the College, you’ll work in a vibrant, positive and progressive environment that will motivate you to achieve your best.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
- Assistant Manager, Human Resources
Bring your excellent communication and
organizational skills to RCDSO by joining us as an Investigator in our Professional Conduct and Regulatory Affairs department.
The Investigator is responsible for investigating complaints against dentists through to disposition by the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports (ICR) Committee and representing the College at the Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB). Duties include both oral and written communication with complainants, patients, dentists and others, and effective case management consistent with legislated requirements.
We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter, and works well in a demanding and fast-paced environment. This individual is very organized and has excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Completion of university degree in a related field
or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience and training with a
variety of investigative techniques and superior
- Ability to investigate thoroughly and objectively
while maintaining confidentiality
- Knowledge of the Regulated Health Professions
Act, related legislation and administrative tribunal
- Excellent interpersonal, oral/written and
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Superior organizational, time management and
case management skills, and ability to work well
- Excellent computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office)
and knowledge of electronic document/case
- Ability to excel in a dynamic team environment
- Knowledge of dental practices an asset
- Investigate complaints about dentists from
members of the public
- Respond to telephone and written inquiries
regarding the College’s complaint and alternative
dispute resolution (ADR) processes
- Interview by telephone and in-person:
complainants, patients, dentists and other
witnesses as necessary
- Visit dental offices in Ontario to conduct
- Arrange expert opinions as required
- Maintain case files in an organized, accurate and
complete manner that is consistent with legislated
requirements and timelines
- Manage case files using the College’s case
- Participate in and contribute to regular team
- Represent the College at the Health Professions
Appeal and Review Board
Cover letters and resumes must be received by
May 4, 2017. Please forward in confidence to email@example.com.
Assistant Manager, Human Resources
Bring your excellent recruitment and organizational skills to RCDSO by joining us as an Assistant Manager, Human Resources in our Human Resources department. This is a one-year contract position.
The Assistant Manager, Human Resources is responsible for leading many of the recruitment and selection processes for the College, as well as enhancing and executing onboarding and training programs.
We are seeking an HR professional with talent acquisition experience, highly-developed relationship management skills and a desire to make a difference in the public interest.
- Completion of university degree in a related
field or equivalent experience
- Certified Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation
- Five or more years of significant position related experience required
- Highly-developed relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication
skills with a keen eye for detail
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience working with Ceridian Dayforce is
- Recruitment and selection of all administrative
staff and selected professional searches
- Manage and continuously improve onboarding
- Standardize and enhance job-specific training
- Collaborate with Director, Human Resources
to identify internal and external professional
development opportunities for staff
- Interim supervision of the Summer Student
Program, providing assignments, training and
- Interim administrator of HR programs, such
as benefits database, employee policies
- Act as designate for the Director, Human
Resources as required
Cover letters and resumes must be received by
May 4, 2017. Please forward in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org