The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO) is a leader in health care regulation. As the governing body for nearly 10,000 dentists in Ontario, our mission is to act in the public interest by putting patients first. We are committed to transparency, accessibility, and fairness in all our work.
RCDSO offers an engaging and values-based work culture that promotes leadership, work/life balance, teamwork and opportunities for professional development.
By joining the College, you’ll work in a vibrant, positive and progressive environment that will motivate you to achieve your best.
CURRENT JOB POSTINGS
Bring your dental and regulatory expertise to our team as a Practice Advisor in the College’s Quality Assurance (QA) department. We are looking for someone prepared to work from three to five days per week.
The QA department administers the College’s Quality Assurance Program that ensures the knowledge, skills and judgment of Ontario dentists remain current throughout their careers, and that dentists continue to provide safe, effective, appropriate and ethical dental care to their patients. The QA department also administers the College’s practice advisory service.
As part of the practice advisor service, you will provide information and impartial advice to dentists, dental staff and patients about dental practice and the regulatory environment in Ontario. You will also research and develop resources for the dental profession and assist with producing content for the College’s website.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Respond to external inquiries and provide verbal and/or written practice information and advice, including action items, communication strategies and resources
- Provide advice on policy development and interpretation of the College’s policy standpoint to the department director, the College’s registrar, senior staff and colleagues
- Research, collaborate and write practice related articles/content for the College’s website and review content written by other internal contributors
- Identify, interview and collaborate with external contributors and reviewers
What skills and background do I need?
The Practice Advisor requires:
- Dental degree and must be registered as a dentist in Ontario
- Minimum of five years’ clinical dental practice experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
How do I apply?
Submit a cover letter, telling us why you are interested in this position and how your skills meet our needs. Please indicate your availability to work either part-time or full-time anywhere from three to five days a week. Your letter and a resume must be emailed to email@example.com by July 16, 2018 at 9 am.