Non-council Committee Eligibility

You are eligible for appointment as a non-council committee member if you meet the following criteria.

  • You are a member of the College and you have filed a signed Application and Eligibility Form for Non-Council Committee Appointment with the College Registrar.
  • You have filed a signed Declaration for Persons Wishing to be a Non-Council Member of a Committee of the College with the College Registrar.
  • You have not served on the College Council in all four consecutive terms immediately prior.
  • You have not served as a non-council committee member for more than three consecutive terms in the case of any committee other than the Professional Liability Program (PLP) Committee, and two consecutive terms in the case of a member appointed to the PLP committee.
  • Three years have elapsed since you have been found guilty of a criminal offence or complied with any penalty.
  • You are not in default of any fees or other monies owing to the College, or in default of returning or completing any prescribed forms.
  • You are not currently the subject of any disciplinary or incapacity proceeding in any jurisdiction.
  • You do not currently have a notation on the College’s register stating that you are the subject of a caution or required to complete a specified continuing education or remediation program (SCERP) based on a decision of the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee.
  • You do not have any terms, conditions or limitations placed on your certificate of registration, other than ones that are applicable to all members holding that class of certificate.
  • Three years have elapsed since you complied with all aspects of an order of a Discipline or Fitness to Practice Committee.
  • Three years have elapsed since you were disqualified from sitting on Council or serving as a Committee member.
  • During the previous two years, you have not been a director or other member of the board of directors, governing council, or other governing body, or an officer or appointed official of the Canadian Dental Association, a national or provincial dental specialty association or similar organization.
  • Aperiod of at least two years has elapsed since you were last employed by the College as a salaried employee.
  • You are not, and have not been, engaged as a dental consultant to a third party dental benefits provider during the previous three years.