Project Coordinator (Contract)
Bring your excellent time management and customer service skills to our team as a Project Coordinator in the College's Information Technology (IT) department.
The IT Department plans, operates and supports the College's Information and Technology services and infrastructure, enabling our business partners to carry out their roles efficiently, productively and securely. The department meets multiple business and technical requirements, provides secure IT services and infrastructure, and manages associated costs.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the administration and organization of various types of projects, from simple activities to more complex plans. Working closely with our Manager of Systems Development, this individual will prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes, and budgets for projects. Additionally, this individual will perform various coordinating tasks, such as schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries.
This role will have the opportunity to work from home 2 days a week. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Develop project plans and establish timelines
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives
- Project related task assignment to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Validation and confirmation that clients' needs are met as projects evolve
- Assist with budget preparation
- Risk and opportunity analysis
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Manager to overcome obstacles to project success
- Determine operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- Works collaboratively with external vendors in supporting various business applications; documents and escalates complex issues, and coordinates tasks between the user and support vendors
What skills and background do I need?
The Project Coordinator requires:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related field of study
- One to two years' of experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Excellent planning, prioritization and time management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Microsoft Access and/or SQL experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel
- PMP / PRINCE2 certification would be an asset
How do I apply?
Submit a cover letter, telling us why you are interested in this position and how your skills meet our needs. Your letter and a resume must be emailed to email@example.com.