The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario is the regulatory body for dentists in Ontario. The College works in the public interest by putting patients first and by setting and enforcing standards, and providing leadership and education to the dental profession.
Core Goals of the College
- Regulate the practice of the profession and govern the members in according to the Dentistry Act, 1991, the Health Professions Procedural Code and the Regulated Health Professions Act, 1991, and the regulations and bylaws.
- Develop, establish and maintain standards of qualifications for persons to be issued certificates of registration.
- Create, maintain and enforce standards of practice to ensure high standards of practice across the profession.
- Develop, establish and maintain standards of knowledge and skill and programs to promote continuing and improving competence among dentists.
- Develop, establish and maintain standards of professional ethics for the members.
- Help patients to exercise their rights under this Code and the Regulated Health Professions Act.
- Administer the Dentistry Act, the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Health Professions Procedural Code as they relate to dentistry and to perform other duties and exercise other powers that are imposed or conferred on the College.
- Address any other goals to improve oral health care that the Council considers desirable.
We are committed to transparency in all our public-facing operations, policies and processes.
Click here to see our transparency principles.