There are seven committees that each health profession college must establish. That is why they are referred to as statutory committees.
In addition to the seven statutory committees that are required by the RHPA, the College has five standing committees. While not mandated by the Act, these committees serve important functions in the operation of the College’s programs and services.
All decisions of the standing committees must be brought to Council for approval by way of formal recommendations to Council. The standing committees have little, if any, discretion or jurisdiction to operate or make decisions independent of Council.
- Executive Committee
- Discipline Committee
- Elections Committee
- Finance, Property and Administration Committee
- Fitness to Practise Committee
- Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committee
- Legal and Legislation Committee
- Patient Relations Committee
- Professional Liability Program Committee
- Quality Assurance Committee
- Registration Committee
- Audit Committee