To apply for a graduate student certificate of registration (licence) you must submit a completed and notarized application form.
Please contact the College's Registration department at email@example.com or 416-961-6555 to apply for a graduate student licence.
Applicant fees include a non-refundable application fee and a registration fee. Payment must be received before the College can issue your licence.
*All fees must be made in Canadian dollars.
You can make your payment by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Amex) or certified cheque made payable to The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario. All certified cheques must be issued by a Canadian bank or be a Canadian Money Order.
- You have a university degree in dentistry that proves the successful completion of an education in dental studies of at least four years.
- You have been accepted as a student:
- In a faculty/school of dentistry at an Ontario university in a graduate or post-graduate dental program, other than an internship or residency program. The dental program must be accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada or another accreditation body approved by RCDSO.
- In a faculty/school of dentistry at an Ontario university in a graduate or postgraduate dental program, other than an internship or residency program. The dental program must be approved by RCDSO’s governing Council.
- In faculty/school of dentistry at an Ontario university in a master or PhD program, other than an internship or residency program that requires the performance of acts authorized to registered dentists.
Limitations of Graduate Student Licence
Once you are granted a graduate licence from the College:
- You may practice dentistry only as required by the program of studies in which are enrolled, and only under the supervision of a member of the dental facility or dental faculty/school who is also an Ontario registered dentist.
- You may practice dentistry only in the faculty/school of dentistry, or in a hospital or other facility formally associated with that faculty/school.
- You cannot supervise or direct any person regarding performing acts authorized to registered dentists.
- Your licence is automatically revoked when you are no longer enrolled in the graduate dental program or when the program ends.
- You cannot charge a fee for any performed act within the scope of dentistry. This does not affect the ability of the faculty/school of dentistry, or associated hospital/facility, to charge fees for services provided.
All information is subject to change. Applications will be governed by the regulations, and College by-laws and policies in place at the time of submission. If there is any discrepancy information, the requirements stated in regulations shall prevail.