COVID-19 Updates from the RCDSO
In accordance with our mandate to act in the public’s interest and in hearing the numerous comments made to us by members, in consultation with hospitals and public health and others, we are offering to the membership measures and guidelines in response to the COVID–19 pandemic. Follow all protocols described in the Infection Prevention and Control Standard.
- COVID-19 Update - Request from Ministry of Health
- Emergency screening of dental patients using teledentistry
- Frequently Asked Questions - COVID-19 (Dentists)
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 26, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 25, 2020
- UPDATED: Guidance on true emergency situations during COVID-19 pandemic- March 23, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 20, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 19, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 18, 2020
- Dental practices offering emergency services - COVID-19 pandemic - March 17, 2020
- Message to all dentists in Ontario - COVID-19 Pandemic - March 15, 2020
COVID-19 Health Care Provider Recruitment
The Ontario Ministry of Health is looking for part-time or retired health care workers to assist with the COVID-19 crisis. In particular, the Ministry is seeking:
- Current and former members of Ontario’s regulated health professions and the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- Physician assistants; and
- Personal support workers.
For more information, click here.
Ontario has also launched a website to act as a central point for businesses and organizations who can supply emergency products and innovative solutions to support the province's response to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Updates from the Ministry of Health / Public Health
Ontario’s Ministry of Health regularly releases new guidance on COVID-19. Access regular Ministry updates by clicking here.
Health care providers facing immediate challenges (less than 10 days of supply) with their personal protective equipment supply levels can email the ministry: EOCLogistics.MOH@ontario.ca.
The Ministry reports daily to the College on this issue.
- COVID-19 - Directive #2 for Health Care Providers (Regulated Health Professionals)
- Managing Health Worker Illness and Return to Work COVID-19 (MOH)
- Enhanced Public Health Measures for COVID-19 (Ministry of Health)- March 12, 2020
- English Case Definition - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Risk Levels and Precautions for COVID-19
- Risk Levels and Precautions for COVID-19 (French)
- FAQs on 2019 Novel Coronavirus, published February, 12, 2020
- Fact Sheet - How to self-isolate (Public Health Ontario)
- Fact Sheet - Self-isolation: Guide for caregivers, household members and close contacts (Public Health Ontario)
- Guidance: Independent Health Facilities - COVID-19
The Minister of Health released a statement regarding elective surgeries.
COVID-19 Sample screening
The Ministry recommends that you:
- Screen patients over the phone before scheduling appointments
- Post signs in your reception area asking patients with symptoms to identify themselves.
The Ministry of Health has set up a Health Care Provider Hotline at 1-866-212-2272. Contact email@example.com if you have additional questions.