In accordance with our mandate to act in the public’s interest and in hearing the numerous comments made to us by members, in consultation with hospitals and public health and others, we are offering to the membership measures and guidelines in response to the COVID–19 pandemic.
The RCDSO’s new guidance, COVID-19: Managing infection risks during in-person dental care, will assist dentists in preparing their offices and understanding how to safely provide in-person care. In keeping with the most recent direction from government and the Chief Medical Officer of Health, dentists can now provide in-person care for all deferred, non-essential, and elective services, in addition to emergency and urgent care.
- COVID-19 RCDSO Updates
- COVID-19 Health Care Provider Recruitment
- COVID-19 Updates from the Ministry of Health and Public Health
- COVID-19 Sample Screening
- COVID-19 Update: Stage 2 reopening - June 12, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: A note on our guidance - June 10, 2020
- COVID-19: Amended Guidance on Managing Infection Risks During In-Person Dental Dare - May 31, 2020
- COVID-19: A Message from RCDSO President - May 29, 2020
- COVID-19: New Directive from CMOH - May 26, 2020
- COVID-19: Managing infection risks during in-person care - May 22, 2020
- COVID-19 Update: Message from RCDSO President - May 11, 2020
- COVID-19: Guidance for the Use of Teledentistry
- COVID-19 Update: Message from RCDSO President - April 30, 2020
- Returning to practice - planning and considerations - April 28, 2020
- Updated guidance on emergency and urgent care during COVID-19 - April 24, 2020
- COVID-19 - Continuity of Care - April 7, 2020
- COVID-19 - MOH Request for Ventilators and PPE - April, 4, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 N95 Masks - April 1, 2020
- Emergency screening of dental patients using teledentistry
- Frequently Asked Questions - COVID-19 (Dentists)
- Frequently Asked Questions - Ministry of Health PPE Survey
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 30, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 26, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 25, 2020
- UPDATED: Guidance on true emergency situations during COVID-19 pandemic- March 23, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 20, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 19, 2020
- RCDSO Update - COVID-19 - March 18, 2020
- Dental practices offering emergency services - COVID-19 pandemic - March 17, 2020
- Message to all dentists in Ontario - COVID-19 Pandemic - March 15, 2020
The Ontario Ministry of Health is looking for part-time or retired health care workers to assist with the COVID-19 crisis. In particular, the Ministry is seeking:
- Current and former members of Ontario’s regulated health professions and the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers;
- Physician assistants; and
- Personal support workers.
For more information, click here.
Ontario has also launched a website to act as a central point for businesses and organizations who can supply emergency products and innovative solutions to support the province's response to COVID-19.
Ontario’s Ministry of Health regularly releases new guidance on COVID-19. Access regular Ministry updates by clicking here.
Health care providers facing immediate challenges (less than 10 days of supply) with their personal protective equipment supply levels can email the ministry: EOCLogistics.MOH@ontario.ca.
The Ontario Government has developed an online workplace PPE supplier directory, which can be found here.
The Ministry reports daily to the College on this issue.
- COVID-19 - Directive #2 for Health Care Providers (Regulated Health Professionals) - Revised May 26, 2020
- COVID-19 Quick Reference Public Health Guidance on Testing and Clearance - April 16, 2020
- COVID-19 - Directive #1 for Health Care Providers and Health Care Entities – Revised March 30, 2020
- IPAC Recommendations for Use of PPE for Care of Individuals with Suspect of Confirmed COVID-19
- Public Health Ontario - COVID-19 Public Resources
- Managing Health Worker Illness and Return to Work COVID-19 (MOH)
- Enhanced Public Health Measures for COVID-19 (Ministry of Health)- March 12, 2020
- English Case Definition - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Risk Levels and Precautions for COVID-19
- Risk Levels and Precautions for COVID-19 (French)
- FAQs on 2019 Novel Coronavirus, published February, 12, 2020
- Fact Sheet - How to self-isolate (Public Health Ontario)
- Fact Sheet - Self-isolation: Guide for caregivers, household members and close contacts (Public Health Ontario)
- Guidance: Independent Health Facilities - COVID-19
The Minister of Health released a statement regarding elective surgeries.
The Ministry recommends that you:
- Screen patients over the phone before scheduling appointments
- Post signs in your reception area asking patients with symptoms to identify themselves.
The Ministry of Health has set up a Health Care Provider Hotline at 1-866-212-2272. Contact email@example.com if you have additional questions.