Changes to Minimal Sedation Registration
At the May 2019 meeting, Council approved changes to College by-laws that will make administering minimal sedation more flexible for dentists going forward.
What has changed?
As of April 1, 2020:
- Dentists administering minimal sedation, including nitrous oxide and oxygen sedation and oral minimal sedation must have authorization from the College to do so.
- Individual authorization only is required. A facility permit is not required to administer minimal sedation.
- Authorization will be provided through an online process and you will be asked to provide information about your training, competency and history of providing minimal sedation.
- All authorized providers of minimal sedation will be subject to random selection for onsite inspections and evaluation by the College.
When can you register?
- Online annual registration through the Member Resource Centre will be available during the summer of 2019.
- You will receive an email from the College notifying you when registration is available.
- Once available, we encourage you to renew well in advance of the April 1, 2020 deadline.