COVID-19 Update: Province-wide Stay-at-Home order
The Government of Ontario announced a Province-wide Stay-at-Home order, which will go into effect Thursday, April 8, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.
The Government’s announcement does not alter the scope of care that dentists are permitted to provide. All dentists must continue to follow the guidance set out in the College’s COVID-19: Managing Infection Risks During In-Person Dental Care document. You should also refer to our COVID-19 frequently asked questions.
Consistent with the College’s position during the last Stay-at-Home order, we strongly recommend that dentists:
- Avoid performing aerosol-generating procedures (AGPs) whenever possible.
- Where AGPs must be performed, adhere to the enhanced precautions for performing AGPs.
- Triage patients, giving priority to emergency and urgent care.
- Take measures to maintain safe capacity in your office or clinic.
- Rely on teledentistry, wherever possible, to support non-urgent cases.