COVID-19 Update: Province-wide Stay-at-Home order extended to June 2
The Government of Ontario announced today that the current Province-wide Stay-at-Home order will remain in effect at least until June 2, 2021.
The Government’s announcement does not alter the scope of care that dentists are permitted to provide. All dentists must continue to follow the guidance set out in the College’s COVID-19: Managing Infection Risks During In-Person Dental Care document. You should also refer to our COVID-19 frequently asked questions.
Consistent with the College’s position during the last Stay-at-Home order, we strongly recommend that dentists:
- Avoid performing aerosol-generating procedures (AGPs) whenever possible.
- Where AGPs must be performed, adhere to the enhanced precautions for performing AGPs.
- Triage patients, giving priority to emergency and urgent care.
- Take measures to maintain safe capacity in your office or clinic.
- Rely on teledentistry, wherever possible, to support non-urgent cases.
The RCDSO continues to monitor all Government announcements and directives on COVID-19 and we will continue to update you as new information becomes available.