The Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario is the regulatory body for dentists in Ontario. The College works in the public interest by putting patients first. We set and enforce standards, and provide leadership and education to the dental profession.
- Act in the public interest while putting patients first.
- Follow statutory directives and imperatives.
- Set the qualifications to enter the profession.
- Develop programs to ensure dentists continue to enhance their knowledge and skills and to promote high standards of continuing dental education.
- Improve and administer professional and ethical standards for all of dentistry.
- Ensure public protection and safety through effective regulation.