The College’s sedation and anesthesia facility permit and member authorization renewal process is now online. Renewing or canceling is as easy as visiting the RCDSO website, logging into Member Resource Centre and completing an online renewal application form. Here are some tips to help you through the new online renewal process.
What will I need before I start my renewal application?
- Access to a desktop or laptop computer with internet connection. Mobile devices (smartphones, tablets) are not compatible.
- Your RCDSO Registration Member Number or ID
- Your RCDSO Member Resource Centre (MRC) password
- Credit Card Payment information (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- Electronic copy of your CPR certification (e.g. PDF, JPEG file format)
Step 1: Login to Member Resource Centre
Step 2: Access the Sedation and Anesthesia Centre
You should now be logged in to your member profile on the MRC.
- Click ‘Sedation and Anesthesia Renewal’ in the left-hand menu to access the Sedation and Anesthesia (SA) Centre.
2. Once in the SA Centre, select one of the following menu items on the left:
- Facility Permit Renewal
- Member Authorization Renewal
- Facility Permit Cancellation
- Member Authorization Cancellation
Step 3: Renewal Forms
Depending on the stream of renewal selected, fill out the respective form.
Member Authorization Renewal Form
What do I need to renew my Member Authorization?
- The highest modality you have administered in the past 12 months in each registered location
- Confirmation of the location(s) address where you have administered sedation. Previously registered addresses will be automatically listed and you can add new addresses.
- An electronic copy of your CPR certificate (file format JPEG, PDF)
Tips for filling out form
- If you have not administered sedation at a listed location, check “None”
- If you are no longer administering sedation at a given location, check “No longer at this location”
- If you are administering sedation at a location not listed on the form, click “Add” and indicate the modality of sedation administered at this location. Do this for each new location not listed, if applicable.
- Ensure you read the attestation at the end of your renewal form and confirm doing so.
- Once you submit your form, you will see the following screen.
Facility Permit Renewal Form
What do I need to renew my Facility Permit?
- Confirm which previously registered practices you want to continue administering sedation. The address will be pre-populated in your renewal form. See example below:
- Ensure you know all the modalities of sedation provided at your office
- A list of the practitioners who administered sedation at the selected dental office in the past 12 months. You can also search for practitioners by registration number, first and last name.
- The modalities of sedation that the practitioner(s) administered at this dental office.
Tips for filling out form:
- Confirm all the modalities of sedation you want to renew at your dental office
- Ensure you read the attestation at the end of the renewal form and confirm doing so
- Once you submit your form, you will see the following confirmation message:
Step 4: Submission of payment
- Click on Renewal Payment in the left-hand menu.
- Click the checkbox next to the invoice(s) that you wish to submit payment for.
- Proceed to Payment to Page to enter your credit card information.
Receipts, Facility Permit and Member Authorization Certificate
Your receipt(s), Member Authorization certificate and/or Facility Permit will be available in the Sedation and Anesthesia (SA) Centre 24 to 48 hours after the College has processed your renewal.
How to Download documents
In the SA Centre, click the following:
- Receipts to download PDF for payment of Member Authorization Renewal and/or Facility Permit Renewal
- Member Authorization Certificate to download a PDF of your renewed Member Authorization Certificate
- Facility Permit to download a PDF of your renewed Facility Permit