A Health Profession Corporation (HPC) means a corporation incorporated under the Business Corporations Act that holds a valid certificate of authorization issued under the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) or the Health Professions Procedural Code, Schedule 2.
The RCDSO must issue your HPC a certificate of authorization before it is permitted to practice dentistry through it. Certificates of authorization are renewed annually.
Before you can apply for an HPC certificate of authorization, you need to:
- have a registered corporation under the Ontario Business Corporations Act; and
- been issued a corporation number by the Ontario Business Registry
Apply for an HPC Certificate of Authorization
To apply for a health profession corporation (HPC) certificate of authorization, follow these steps:
- Complete the College’s Application for a Certificate of Authorization for a Health Profession Corporation.
- Ensure that the HPC director and/or officer, and each dentist shareholder is a dentist registered to practice in Ontario.
- Email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- a $750 fee payable to the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario with your HPC application form.
- all required documentation with your application as per the College’s Instructions and Checklist.
All certificates of authorization expire on August 31 of each year regardless of the initial date of issuance and must be renewed annually. If the certificate of authorization is not renewed before August 31, it will be revoked effective September 1 for failure to comply with renewal requirements.
HPC Naming Criteria
Click here to learn more about the naming criteria for a health profession corporation.
HPC Optional Naming Pre-approval Form
Revised HPC Certificate of Authorization
Notice of Change of Shareholders for HPC
You are required to notify the College when there are changes to your corporation's shareholders. Download the Notice of Change of Shareholders Form and Declaration and send the completed forms to the College.