A Health Profession Corporation (HPC) means a corporation incorporated under the Business Corporations Act that holds a valid certificate of authorization issued under the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA) or the Health Professions Procedural Code, Schedule 2.
The RCDSO must issue your HPC a certificate of authorization before it is permitted to practice dentistry through it. Certificates of authorization are renewed annually.
Before you can apply for an HPC certificate of authorization, you need to:
- have a registered corporation under the Ontario Business Corporations Act; and
- been issued a corporation number by the Ontario Business Registry
Apply for an HPC Certificate of Authorization
You can apply for a Health Profession Corporation (HPC) online through the RCDSO Portal. Applications by mail, email or fax will no longer be accepted after June 30, 2023.
Once logged in to the RCDSO Portal, select “Applications” in the drop down menu under your name and navigate through the steps to generate a new HPC application.
The fee for submitting an HPC application is $750. The fee is non-refundable.
Prior to submitting your HPC application, please ensure that your application meets the following criteria:
- The person completing the application is a Director and/or Officer (must be a dentist and member of the College) who is authorized to sign on behalf of the Corporation.
- Each Director and/or Officer (must be a dentist and member of the College) of the Corporation has executed an Undertaking in Form C.
- Each Dentist Shareholder (must be a member of the College) of the Corporation has executed an Undertaking in Form D.
To complete the HPC application online, the following documentation is required:
- The Undertakings in Form C and D have to be signed, dated and witnessed. Once completed, the forms can be submitted as an attachment in the Document Upload section of the application.
- Corporation Profile Report of the Corporation (also known as Entity Profile Report) indicates that the corporation is active. The report must be current-dated (valid for 30 days from the date produced and is typically 7+ pages in length). It can be obtained from the following service providers:
- Articles of Incorporation / Articles of Amalgamation / Articles of Continuance (whichever is applicable)
* You will not be able to submit your application if the required documentation has not been uploaded
IMPORTANT: All certificates of authorization expire on August 31 of each year regardless of the initial date of issuance and must be renewed annually. If the certificate of authorization is not renewed before August 31, it will be revoked effective September 1 for failure to comply with renewal requirements.
HPC Naming Criteria
Click here to learn more about the naming criteria for a health profession corporation.
HPC Optional Naming Pre-approval Form
Revised HPC Certificate of Authorization
Notice of Change of Shareholders for HPC
You are required to notify the College when there are changes to your corporation's shareholders. Download the Notice of Change of Shareholders Form and Declaration and send the completed forms to the College.